Discover the Value of Your Business!
Get Your Free Consultation Today!
Highest Rated and Most Reviewed Valuation Firm in the United States
Free Consultation Is a valuation right for you?
Business Appraisals in Massachusetts
Massachusetts, also known as the bay state, became a state on February 6, 1788. Massachusetts was part of the original 13 colonies and was the 6th state in the United States! Massachusetts received its nickname as the bay state from a reference to the Cape Cod Bay where early settlements were made. Additionally, it comes from the Massachusetts Bay Company, which was given a royal charter to colonize the land.
Massachusetts is a New England state and is located in the north-east of the United States. Massachusetts is bordered by New Hampshire and Vermont to the north, the Atlantic Ocean in the east, Rhode Island and Connecticut in the south, and New York in the west. Boston is the capital of Massachusetts and is the biggest city. Other large cities in Massachusetts include Worecester, Springfield, Cambridge, Lowell, and Brockton.
There are several famous individuals who were born in Massachusetts. These individuals include Paul Revere, Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, Susan B. Anthony, and Dr. Suess. Many yummy desserts were invented in Massachusetts. These treats include Boston cream pie and chocolate chip cookies!
With Massachusetts being part of the 13 original colonies, there is a lot of history that took place there. Some of the state’s history started in 1620, when a ship called the Mayflower arrived at Cape Cod, Massachusetts carrying Pilgrims. These Pilgrims created the first European settlement in New England, called Plymouth. You can still visit Plymouth Rock today. This boulder that is said to be the exact spot where the Pilgrims stepped off the Mayflower ship!
Other historical events that occurred in Massachusetts include the first American post office that opened in 1939 in Boston. As well as, in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell demonstrated the first telephone! A significant part of the history of Massachusetts is the role the state played in the Revolutionary War. Anger erupted in 1770 after five colonists were killed by British soldiers. This is known as the Boston Massacre. Five years after the war ended, Massachusetts became the 6th state in 1788.
The main industries in Massachusetts include health care and social assistance, food services, professional, scientific and technical services, retail trade, and construction. Many of these industries include small businesses. Massachusetts has approximately 700,646 small businesses. These make up roughly 99.50% of all Massachusetts businesses. These small businesses employ 45.5% of all Massachusetts employees. This is about 1.5 million employees. One of the major goals of Peak Business Valuation is to help you understand the value of your business in Massachusetts! Are you looking to buy a business, sell a business, or grow your small business? Schedule a call with Peak Business Valuation, business appraiser Massachusetts, to learn more about what your business is worth!
What Cities in Massachusetts Does Peak Business Valuation Perform Business Appraisals?
At Peak Business Valuation, business appraiser Massachusetts, we have performed business valuations and machinery & equipment appraisals across the state. We have recently worked in the following cities:
- New Bedford
Peak Business Valuation has worked with individuals in various areas throughout the state of Massachusetts. We would love to help you understand the value of your business!
What Industries in Massachusetts does Peak Business Valuation Perform Business Appraisals?
Peak Business Valuation has worked with many companies and industries in Massachusetts! We perform business valuations and machinery and equipment appraisals
all over Massachusetts. Below are some of the common industries we work with:
- Iron & Steel Manufacturing
- Bread Production
- Textile Mills
- Apparel Manufacturing
- Shoe & Footwear Manufacturing
- Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing
- Circuit Board & Electronic Component
- Printing Services
- Wholesale Trade
- Automobile Wholesale
- Auto Parts Wholesale
- Jewelry & Watch Wholesale
- Lumber Wholesale
- Footwear Wholesale
- Apparel Wholesale
- Construction Equipment Wholesale
- Industrial Supplies Wholesale
- Janitorial Equipment Supply Wholesale
- Paint Wholesale
- Retail Trade
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Local Freight Trucking
- Long-Distance Freight Trucking
- Moving Services
- Local Specialized Freight Trucking
- Automobile Towing
- Couriers & Local Delivery Services
- Software Publishing
- Operating Systems & Productivity Software Publishers
- Internet Service Providers
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers
- Finance & Insurance
- Real Estate, Rental, & Leasing
- Truck Rental
- Property Management
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services
- Healthcare & Social Assistance
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
Reasons for A Business Valuation in Massachusetts:
There are many reasons why a business valuation or machinery & equipment appraisal in Massachusetts is required. At Peak Business Valuation, we focus on specific areas of business valuation. Below is a list of the services we offer:
- Buying a Business: Peak Business Valuation, business appraiser Massachusetts, helps individuals who are seeking to buy a business. When individuals arepurchasing a business, they want to ensure the purchase price is fair and reasonable. Peak Business Valuation helps determine what is considered a fair value or a fair purchase price! Obtaining a business valuation is an important part of the due diligence process when buying a business. After you receive a business valuation, you will have a better understanding of the fair market value of the company you are looking to purchase.
- Selling a Business: Many business owners have spent years building and growing their business. It can be scary and daunting to sell your business that you’ve spent years growing. Peak Business Valuation works with many individuals who are selling their business. We help business owners understand what a fair market value is for their business. Understanding the fair market value can help in determining a listing price. It can also assist you in negotiations between potential buyers. We work hard to make the process of understanding the value of your business effortless and fast!
- SBA Financing: Several business owners throughout the United States use the Small Business Administration (SBA) financing program to buy a business. SBA financing is a very popular and common way to finance a business transaction. For individuals looking to finance more than $250,000, the SBA requires a business valuation to be performed for the company. Peak Business Valuation works with several banks and lenders throughout Massachusetts to provide SBA business valuations.
- Estate & Gift Planning: Typically, a business valuation is required for most estate planning needs. If you are gifting shares of your company to a family member or friend, a business valuation is required. Peak Business Valuation has experience in performing business valuations for estate and gift planning in Massachusetts!
- Growing your Business: One of the main goals of Peak Business Valuation is to help small businesses thrive! We know this is a common goal between most business owners. Business owners are always looking for ways to grow and improve their business. A business valuation provides guidance to business owners. Obtaining a business valuation from Peak Business Valuation can help you recognize ways to increase the value and grow your business!
Get your complimentary consultation from Peak Business Valuation, business appraiser Massachusetts, today!